Sunday, May 13, 2012

First photo shoot.

Well here I am, a few weeks of shooting around with the EM-5.  I am still learning all the little ins and outs of this amazing little camera.  This past Saturday my nephew had his second birthday so I decided to bring up my studio equipment and play around with some shots of the kids.  Overall it was a great experience.  I learned a lot about the camera, what it does well and some of the limitations, as well as my skills as a portrait photographer (More to come on this later).   There are also a few shots from today of the kids in their mother's day outfits as well.


All of the following shots were JPEG due to my computer being to slow at the moment to run any decent editing software :(  The balloon pictures were all shot with the PL 25mm 1.4 and the Sailor pictures with the panasonic 20mm 1.7.

There are two big things I learned, and they are that it is really hard to keep muslin wrinkle free with kids running around, and two I need more lights!
My Niece 

Friends

Balloon Fun


Upside Down Nephew

Mother's Day Fun



Shot by my dad with this 7D 17-55 2.8
Thanks to Nick for doing the tug of war with the kids.
Again by my dad 7D 
To check out my dad's photos and post please visit http://dwkee.blogspot.com/  He really does some amazing work.  


Hope you enjoy!  Let me know what you think, and have a great day :)

2 comments: