Monday, February 13, 2012

Blown Away!

Having a day off made for some productive picture taking.  The day started with the previous post about the giant camera (if you didn't watch the video yet you should :P).  I then proceed to have a nice day with the dog.

Uriah (my dog) and I went for our 2.1 mile run.  On our run I made note of the beautiful clouds and the gusting winds.  I proceeded to drop the dog off and run another 3 miles.  This time around I was able to notices the sky a little more and I thought to myself that I need to make sure to head down to Seal Beach later for a few pictures.

After getting home and shooting around some ideas for starting a photography business, I proceeded to take a few shots of the dog for fun...

After that I just snapped a few shots around the townhouse amazed by the wind, hoping I could catch some of its power on film.

Once Christina got home we hopped in the trusty civic and shot down to Seal Beach.  When we got their we were amazed to see a sandstorm in progress.


After hopping out of the car and being hit by the stinging wind we ventured out on the pier.  We strolled up and down the pier shaping shots while trying to avoid being hit directly by flying sand.

We found that for some reason their were other people out walking around in this weather.  There were people braving the pier...


Kite Surfing...


and running.


There were a quite a few gulls that seemed to be really enjoying the wind.

This gull seemed interested as to why we were out in this weather.
Eventually we made our way out and back on the pier with some nice photos to document our little adventure.  





Hope you Enjoy! I was shooting the 20D for this session and Christina was playing with the E-P3.  All photos today are from the 20D straight from camera JPEG.  Christina's E-P3 photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment