Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What's wrong with Photography today...

I am personally not a huge fan of over editing.  I feel that you lose the skill and art of taking quality photos.  I have never really found myself one to look to photoshop to save photos for me.  I feel that if my photo requires that much repair it wasn't meant to be.  While I do find that enhancing photos can help the image be a little more profound, I do find there are some limits that I personally do not wish to cross.

I know you are asking yourself (Matt where is this rant going?!?) Well here it is a link sent to me by my good friend Brian regarding photoshop and some of the new features and abilities that are coming out if it.  It really makes me wonder what is going to happen to the art form that is photography.

http://youtu.be/UrlsnQ32YhY


1 comment:

  1. Post processing permits one to "create" a moment one hoped to capture (as illustrated by "content aware" editing). I've always valued "capturing the moment" ala Henri Cartier-Bresso. "There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative," he said. "Oop! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever." (Washington Post, 1957) I suppose that the kind of post processing now possible moves photography closer to painting where altering, moving and/or removing "content" is an essential aspect of artistic expression.

    ReplyDelete