Friday, February 17, 2012

A nice little $6.oo option for DSLR

In an attempt to find a diffuser for my Olympus E-P3, I came across the CowboyStudio Soft Pop-Up SLR Flash Diffuser on Amazon for DSLRs.  For six dollars I figure I would see if I could make it work on the little Micro Four Thirds...


Unfortunately I was unable to find a way to make the filter work on the E-P3, but it does seem to be a great little add on if you are looking to soften the built in flash of a DSLR.

This little kit comes with three different color Diffusers, white, blue, and yellow.  There is a little plastic clip that holds the filter that slides gently into the hotshoe.  Here are a few images of the filter differences and what it looks like on my 20D.



20D with kit on and two extra Diffusers

White Diffuser

Blue Diffuser

Yellow Diffuser

No Diffuser
If your interested in the variation of these diffusers and what changes it will make to your stock flash photos you can get a general idea from the photos above.  Overall seems like it might be worth picking up if your on a budget and what to play with your lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment